Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Things I Love Thursdays (TILT #1)

After moving from Houston to a campsite in Australia, I was seriously at a loss how to continue my (very minimal) yoga practice. I have a love-hate relationship with yoga. I love what it does for my body and mind, and I hate how it makes me feel in terms of my general flexibility and strength.

However, my love for it far outweighs my ego, so I looked for apps on the iPhone that would help me continue learning. I hit the jackpot with the Yoga studio app at a steal for $2.99. This app gives you a variety of preset classes, ranging from 15 minutes to an hour, skill levels from beginner to advanced, and yoga options for relaxation, strength and flexibility.

On top of all of these wondrous options, you also have the option to create your own classes by selecting from their library of poses and allowing the app to select poses that "link" to the poses you have chosen. 
What this did for me, was it allowed me to create the most slothful 46 minute yoga set consisting of several corpses, reverse corpses and child's poses. Honestly, it's pretty much nap time with a little bit of stretching.

The only negative part to creating your own yoga class is that it doesn't tell you how to get to one pose from the other so if you're not familiar with the pose they are calling out, you have to watch the girl in the video (and she's so pretty and flexible, I try not to look at her at all if I can help it). 

Lastly, this app allows you to download these classes to your device and because they "stitch" the videos together, they are usually only a few MB's in size. And because you get to download these videos, you can watch them at anytime and not have to rely on wifi connections.


ipadMini_2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Disclaimer

If you really are a cat, I would first like to apologize for my presumption and secondly congratulate you on your excellent cognitive capacity and motor skills.